Hello friends! Wow…what is it with me and coming up with tags…? Is there something wrong with me? XD
Let’s not dwell on that fact, and instead delve into my latest creation! Since Valentine’s is fast approaching, I thought this would be a great time to talk about the things we (or at least I) really love!
• Include the graphic somewhere in your post!
• Answer the questions!
• Tag two fangirls (or boys, I suppose!)
(If you don’t know what a fandom is, it’s basically a group of fans of a particular thing, like Star Wars or Harry Potter.)
Le Questions //
- What’s the first fandom you remember becoming a part of?
- What’s the newest fandom you’ve come to enjoy?
- What’s a fandom guaranteed to give you feels?
- What’s a guilty pleasure fandom of yours?
- What’s the weirdest fandom you’ve heard of/are a part of?
- Favorite popular/widely-known fandom?
- Favorite bookish fandom?
- What do you consider your ‘homebase’, a fandom you can always come back to?
- What’s a fandom you know all about…but aren’t actually into it?
- Which fandom has the best characters?
- Name your all-time favorite ship.
- What’s a fandom you’re curious about joining?
• What’s the first fandom you remember becoming a part of?
Though I didn’t really know what a fandom was at the time, Disney and Pixar have been around for me since I was, well, born. I grew up watching the classic Disney movies, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin, in particular. And I remember watching Monsters Inc., Toy Story, and The Incredibles many times too. I guess you could say it was the start of an obsession for obsessions…XD
• What’s the newest fandom you’ve come to enjoy?
That would be Over the Garden Wall! It’s a very short mini series, only ten episodes long, about two brothers who get lost in the forest. It’s surprisingly deep for a cartoon, and the animation is gorgeous. If you have an evening, give it a watch, it’s quite entertaining.
• What’s a fandom guaranteed to give you feels?
That would be Undertale. I’m sure you’ve heard of it, it’s an epic video game with wonderful characters and a crazy, twisted story that you don’t figure right away. Getting to know the characters and how the game works is what really makes my heart hurt. And the fans don’t help with this in making some awesome fan art and fan fictions. It’s a deep, twisty game that will have you crying and laughing at the same time.
• What’s a guilty pleasure fandom of yours?
• What’s the weirdest fandom you’ve heard of or are a part of?
There are so many weird things out there, but to give a classic answer, I’ll say Gravity Falls. It’s the definition of weird. There’s unexplained phenomena. There’s weird and wonderful creatures. There are deep, dark secrets. There are crazy, but lovable characters. THE WHOLE WORLD ALMOST–you know what? Never mind. I’ll let you watch it. You’ll love it, trust me.
• Favorite popular/widely-known fandom?
That’d be the Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit. I’m fairly sure almost everyone in the world has heard of this, and for a good reason. Though I’ve only seen the movies, I’ve come to love the characters SO MUCH. It’s magical, it’s epic, and it has Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortenson, so really how can you lose? (Thorin is myyy preeeecious.)
• Favorite bookish fandom?
The Lunar Chronicles!! CRESS IS A DARLING AND THORNE IS A JERK BUT I LOVE HIM. Also, WOLF AND SCARLET ARE SO ADORABLE. AND JACIN AND WINTER AGGGGHHHH. *ahem* Yes. I really like the Lunar Chronicles.
• What do you consider your ‘homebase’, a fandom you can always come back to?
Gosh, who made these questions so hard? (Me. It was me.) It would probably be the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I started watching in 2015, and I remember going to the theater with a big group of people to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. I had watched the previous movies in order with my family, but it was when I saw that movie that I really started loving it. And I’ve seen every Marvel movie in theaters since. It’s a very comforting, familiar fandom for me. (EVEN THOUGH IT’S KIND OF ON FIRE RIGHT NOW BUT IT’S OKAY EVERYTHING’S FINE.)
• What’s a fandom you know all about…but aren’t actually into it?
That would be Star Wars, for me. I watched the prequels, (well, kind of…I kinda skipped over the third one because I was cringing too much…XD), and I know the entire original story and all about the newer installments. So I know everything. I’m just…not that in love with it. It’s fun, and goofy, and entertaining, but…it doesn’t quite grip me like other movies or books have.
• Which fandom has the best characters?
ALL OF THEM. ALL OF THEM ARE GOOD. Ugh, if I really had to choose though…It’d be a three-way tie between Undertale, Marvel, and the Lunar Chronicles. IT’S TOO HARD. Why did I make these questions so hard? XD
• Name your all-time favorite ship.
Hm. NYAGH THERE ARE SO MANY. But I pick Cress and Thorne, because I think they’re really cute and they both support each other so well, her being quiet and whimsical and naive, and him being rough and cocky and a joker. It mixes so beautifully, I could cry. Cress + Thorne =
• What’s a fandom you’re curious about joining?
Sherlock! All I hear is how amazing it is, and I want in on some of the epic-ness! Though I worry for my mental health’s sake…too much emotional trauma may just ruin me… Tell me below if this is a good idea, please. XD
That’s the tag! I nominate Deborah @ The Road of a Writer, Christine @ Musings of an Elf, and Kenzie @ Smudged Thoughts for this tag! And if you’d like to do this tag, feel free! I’d love to see what fandoms you love the most! ^_^ Also, there will be no post next week, since I’ll be on vacation!