Hey guys! I just finished this fabulous book, so I thought I would share a review! I’ve marked the spoilers in white text, as I did with my previous review.🙂
Okay…NOW WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE?!
ESPRIT DE LA ROSE by Kaycee Browning
OH. MY. WORD. I LOVE IT!
To steal from the Fee is to suffer their wrath! So Cecilia learns when these fabled beings charge her father with the theft of a certain mirror and sentence him to torment. But when she is taken as substitute, Cecilia discovers that the punishment meted out by the Fee is far stranger than she could ever have imagined. Trapped aboard a ghost ship with a crew of condemned souls and aided only by charismatic Captain Pepin, can this pirate’s daughter unlock the secret to the Fee’s dark omens?
– THE ENTIRE THING. Not even joking.
– THE CHARACTERS. Cecilia, Pepin, William, Frank, Curly, JUST YES.
– THE WIT. There is just so much wonderful wit and sarcasm and it pleases me greatly.
– The writing style is beautiful too! I found it very easy to just get lost, turning and turning page after page…🙂
– THE IDEA. Beauty and the Beast + pirates + magic = YES YES YES.
– Also, yes to all the little references to the movie and original tale. They made me dance a little. Just a little.😉
– Um…None? Seriously. None.
– Well…If this even counts for anything (which it doesn’t really) I think when I read this for the first time (when I was younger) I was a little scared of some of the monsters…Totally minor thing though.
I ADORE THIS STORY OKAY. It’s just so fun and wonderful and AWESOME. Also…THAT ENDING IS NOT OKAY I NEED MORE. Ahem…ah, yeah. So. There’s that. BUT SERIOUSLY THIS STORY IS YES.
❤❤❤❤❤ out of❤❤❤❤❤
WITHER by Savannah Jezowski
*stares intensely at the wall* What. Epic-ness. Just. Happened.
As penalty for the merchant’s theft of a single rose, the Beast of Briarstone Abbey demands his youngest daughter, sweet and innocent Sookie. But Lilybet Haverly will never allow her sister to face such a dreadful fate! Armed only with a butcher knife and her own determination, Bet climbs the wall and plunges into the Neverway, where the dead walk and ghouls hunt human flesh. She will find this Briarstone Abbey—and the Beast who lives there—whatever the cost.
– Bet is such a great main character! She’s stubborn, witty, and just plain awesome.🙂
– CORWIN IS…You know, I just don’t really have words. Just, read the story and you will understand his wondrousness.
– Quarrel is adorable for being a giant, monster dog thing. Just sayin’.
– Also the Lonely are quite fun…I’m intensely curious about their background…
– Also… THE ABBEY IS ALIVE.😀 How wonderful is that?! AND IT AND CORWIN SHARE A CONNECTION AND I JUST… *sighs* It’s great. Really. …
– Victor. That’s all you need to know. I mean, he’s not even really in the story…but I’m still vastly curious about him… Ahem, THE EPILOGUE. …
– Some of the fight scenes were a bit scary. But they weren’t overly graphic or gory, which I appreciated muchly.
– Nothing else I can think of presently.🙂
In closing, this is a fantabulous story with a few scary scenes that had me turning pages furiously. IT’S SO GRIPPING. Back, when I had first read this collection, I had skipped this story entirely. That was a mistake on my part! And also…is there a planned sequel/novella type thing? BECAUSE I NEED ONE.
❤❤❤❤❤ out of❤❤❤❤❤
STONE CURSE by Jenelle Schmidt
I. LOVE. IT. SO. MUCH. *hugs story to death*
Years ago a terrible curse swept over the revelers at Thorndale Castle, turning them to stone and transforming Prince Barend himself into a hideous beast. But Karyna, a former lady-in-waiting, will not abandon either her father, who stands in the throne room among the other statues, or the prince. Indeed, she sets out alone on a dangerous quest to find the one responsible for this dreadful spell. If she can but discover the reason why the stone curse was cast, perhaps she can also discover the solution.
– I really liked Karyna, I though she was really believable and likable, and I sympathized with her so, so much.
– The magic in this story is phenomenal. It was really well explained and I found simply fascinating.
– Barend is just great. Yep.
– RITTER. Where do I even begin? HE’S GREAT.
– The writing style is so easy and flows really nicely. I had wonderful images of scenes playing out in my head as I read.🙂
– Also, kind of random, but there was this one scene where… SUITS OF ARMOR ARE ATTACKING KARYNA AND RITTER. I just thought that was totally epic. …
– The ending!! … At first, I wasn’t sure how I liked Ritter ending up with Bellenya…But it’s totally cute and I love them together now.❤ Plus, Karyna and Barend are together, and that makes me so happy.😀 …
– I…really can’t think of any. This story is just flat-out amazing!😉
YOU JUST NEED TO READ IT OKAY. It’s such a funny, riveting story and I was very, very sad to see it come to an end. I really need to read some of Jenelle’s other books…😀
❤❤❤❤❤ out of❤❤❤❤❤
ROSARA AND THE JUNGLE KING by Dorian Tsukioka
WHAT. Okay, okay, but seriously THAT WAS INSANE. In a good way, of course.
Maor has determined to take her as his third wife, by force if necessary. But Rosara would rather risk her life alone in the jungle than submit to any man’s brutality. When a beautiful jaguar tells her that it knows where to find one of the karawara, she resolves to seek out this jungle spirit and request its aid. The jaguar warns Rosara, however, that gifts from the karawara are never without a price…
– I just really love Tupa. This needs to be said.❤
– Also, I DISLIKE MAOR SO MUCH OMGOODNESS…*ahem* So yes, there’s that. What I mean to say, is that his villainous character was done very well.
– I’m really at a loss for words…
– Rosara is really great, and I’m ever so glad… her and Tupa are together. *smiles like a maniac* …
– Jaguars are pretty. That is all.❤
– The writing style is really fast-paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I was stressed out the whole time I was reading…In a good way.🙂
– A few bits of the story were a little graphic, but nothing horrible. It only added to the suspense.
– … THE ENDING. Like, okay, I’m super glad Rosara didn’t die and her and Tupa are together and it’s GREAT. But seriously, what about Rosara’s village? Maor is still there! Hello?! And her father isn’t chief anymore, which makes me sad because he’s great. SOME RESOLUTION PLEASE. …
– Much of the story centers around the karawara, which are jungle spirits…I was a little wary at first that things would get strange, but it was totally fine.
In short, this story is RIVETING. It’s a very good one, and the idea is very original. Beauty and the Beast + jungle = YES. Definitely a great story! Though there are a few things that put me off a bit, I still really enjoyed.
❤❤❤❤ out of❤❤❤❤❤
THE WULVER’S ROSE by Hayden Wand
OMGOODNESS…This is ADORABLE.
A life is a high price to pay for stealing a rose. Nevertheless, Bonnie honors her father’s agreement and travels to the remote, ruinous castle wherein dwells the legendary creature known as a wulver—half man, half wolf. Though he is monstrous to behold, this beast is oddly gentle, tenderly caring for his beautiful rosebush, which blooms out of season. Is there more to the wulver than meets the eye? Is he somehow connected to the frightened child who visits Bonnie in her dreams?
– Bonnie is just so sweet. So sweet.
– Calum is just GREAT… and I totally wouldn’t care about those scars if I were Abigail…just sayin’…😄 …
– LAUCHLAN. *cries an ocean*
– I really appreciate how tight knit and loving Bonnie’s family is. It makes me so happy to see that, because I feel like families never get along in books…🙂
– The romance is INCREDIBLY well-written and believable! No insta-love here!
– Also, I feel like Sorcha is me half of the time…😄
– MORAG IS HORRIBLE. But, you know, you kinda love to hate her…?
– … I’m kind of curious as to how old Lauchlan actually is… ’cause Bonnie’s only like eighteen or nineteen…And he has a child. I’m not saying I don’t think they’re an adorable couple, just…wondering… …
THIS IS SO CUTE GUYS. It’s possibly the story that most closely follows the original, out of this collection. But there’s still many unique twists that were really enjoyable.🙂 I’d also say it’s the most romantic out of these stories… Which, I am totally good with!😄❤
❤❤❤❤ out of❤❤❤❤❤
I’M IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK GUYS. Seriously, why did it have to end? WHY?! But no worries, I suppose. Bring on Five Magic Spindles!😀
❤❤❤❤❤ out of❤❤❤❤❤ !
There’s my review! I hope you enjoyed, and comment below if you’ve read this wonderful collection!