Hey there! My name is Madeline and I’m so glad you’ve stopped by!
Hello! If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I’m passionate. I am blessed to have wonderful parents who encourage me in all my creative endeavors, whatever they may be.
I love writing, I’ve been at it since I was nine and so far I’ve finished one manuscript and I’m working on two more and plotting many others. You can find out a little bit more about my projects on my Books page.
I work as an aide at my local library and I couldn’t imagine a better job. I get to be surrounded by books all day and talk to people who love books! What’s not to love?
I love to read. Books are one of the ways I escape from the world. I particularly enjoy any type of fantasy and some sci-fi and contemporary. My favorite authors include Marissa Meyer, Shannon Hale, Kate DiCamillo, Stephen R. Lawhead, Anne Elisabeth Stengl, and Heather Dixon.
I’ve been blogging for a little over four years now, and I’ve felt so welcomed into the blogging community. I’ve also created a few tags, including the Strangest Browser Searches tag, the Snippet Tag, the Comp Title Challenge, the Fandom Tag and the Fictional Vacation: Would You Rather Challenge. I love getting comments and interacting with my followers, so don’t be shy!
I also love music. I’ve been playing piano for nearly ten years now, and I had a short stint with the violin, which unfortunately didn’t become much of anything. I can still squeak out a tune, but not like on the piano. I also love listening to music. Soundtracks, classical, rock, alternative, 80s, my tastes vary drastically. Some of my all-around favorite artists are Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, Owl City, Twenty One Pilots, Panic! At the Disco, Avicii, Pentatonix, and Lindsey Stirling.
But above all of these things, I’m a child of the Lord. I’ve been serving Him for nearly seven years, and I’m still discovering new things everyday.
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
– 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
~ A Few Fun Facts ~
○ I was walking by nine months, and I taught myself to read.
○ My favorite subjects in school were English and history.
○ I was also homeschooled all my life.
○ I really wanted to be a veterinarian when I was younger. That, or a fashion designer.
○ I never wear makeup, except for special occasions. It annoys my face.
○ I’m quiet when you first meet me, but once I’m comfortable with you, I’m a sarcastic know-it-all. I tend to show very little emotion, but when I do, it’s really intense. Get to know me at your own peril.
○ Autumn is the best season.
○ I love teal and red (hence the color scheme).
○ I’m 5’4″.
○ I have three younger siblings, one brother and two sisters.
○ I also have a dog named Birdie and a cat named Kitty. And I call myself creative.
○ I don’t like chocolate. Shocking, I know.
○ I’m horrible at making decisions, mostly because I overthink everything.
○ I’m a full-blooded INFJ. Which means I’m basically a unicorn.
○ So far, I belong to fourteen fandoms (yikes); Marvel, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, the Chronicles of Narnia, the Lunar Chronicles, Disney, Pixar, Merlin, Psych, Undertale, Michael Vey, Miraculous Ladybug, Percy Jackson, BATIM, and Gravity Falls. More are sure to follow.
○ I’m kind of addicted to Pinterest.
○ I know my library card number by heart.
○ I’m a geek. And I’m okay with that.