(Thank you for all of your nominations! The voting round will begin soon!)
Hello my friends! I am incredibly excited to announce that the 2020 Silmaril Awards have come upon us!
And this year I am quite pleased that I will be hosting the Strangest Characters ceremony! I will be interesting, to say the least, and I can’t wait to see who appears in the comments below!
Now, remember, the strangest character is someone who is… quite strange. Perhaps not at first glance, or perhaps at very first glance. They stand out from the crowd, in either a good way or a bad way. They aren’t quite like anyone else. They have eccentricities people find downright odd. But maybe they have a heart of gold, hidden under all that strangeness. Or perhaps a heart of coal…Whatever the case may be, these characters are always entertaining!
A few rules before you scamper down to the comment section:
- NO Lord of the Rings characters. Most of them will be presenting the award winners, and, well, how awkward would it be to accept your own award?
- No previous winners. If you don’t know who those previous winners, check it out on our site!
- Only fantasy characters are available for nomination. If a solid argument can be made for a certain book or series that you think is technically in the fantasy genre…we’ll allow it (such as The Lunar Chronicles).
- Be sure to mention which book/series the characters are from. Us mods consider ourselves fantasy experts extraordinaire… but we haven’t read every single fantasy book out there. It really helps us out!
- Nominate and second as many characters as your dragon-loving heart desires. All you have to do is comment down below! The top 5 MOST seconded characters will go on to the final round, so seconding is important!
- Authors are NOT allowed to vote for their own characters. But you can definitely encourage your fans to vote for them!
And be sure to nominate your favorite characters in all the other wonderful categories too!
- Most Epic Hero – Zachary Totah
- Most Epic Heroine – Tracey Dyck
- Wisest Counselor – DJ Edwardson
- Most Faithful Friend – Jenelle Schmidt
- Most Silver Tongue – Kyle Robert Shultz
- Most Mischievous Imp – Christine Smith
- Strangest Character – Me!
- Least Competent Henchman – E.E. Rawls
- Most Nefarious Villain – Kenzie Keene
- Most Magnificent Dragon – Sarah Taleweaver
We also have a super epic bookstagram challenge going on right now, so be sure to participate and include our hashtag #silmarilawards2020 so we can all see your amazing photos!
And guess what else? We are holding an awesomely amazing Rafflecopter giveaway for all you lovely folks! You could win goodies, books, or even a $50 Book Depository gift card! How awesome is that?! Follow this link to put your name in the raffle, as well as complete some other fun assignments for more entries!
Now be off with you! The nominations round is open Aug. 31st to Sep. 4th, so go forth and nominate!
I love hearing from you! ^_^