Hello guys! I was recently nominated by Tracey over at her blog and Elise at E.E. Rawls and I thought all these questions looked like so much fun! Thank you again for nominating me, Tracey and Elise!
The rules are pretty simple:
The Sunshine Blogger Award ~
Answer 11 questions from your nominator, then tag 11 other bloggers, and ask them 11 new questions.
The Blue Sky Tag ~
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their post. Answer the 11 questions. Tag 11 people. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
Let’s get to it!
The Sunshine Blogger Award ~
1. What’s the most addicting app on your phone?
I don’t actually have a phone (unless you count a flip-phone as one 😉 ), but I do have a Nook full of stuff. I would probably have to say the most addicting app right now is CrossStitchWorld. Yeah…I know. Kinda seems like a grandma game, but it’s really fun! I love seeing the picture come together in the end. 🙂
2. What’s a song that speaks to your life right now?
My music moods are different every day, so it’s hard for me to pick just one song. But, if I had to pick just one, it’d be Higher by Unspoken. It’s not only a really cool song, but it also reminds me that I should live my life to glorify the One who gave me this life. Even in the rough times. Especially in the rough times. ❤
3. Do you have a book or movie that’s your “happy place”–a fictional world into which you retreat when you need a breather? What is it?
I love escaping into any fictional world! But my favorite happy place would probably have to be any of the Pixar movies. I grew up loving them and I can remember watching Monsters Inc. in particular over and over again. They always put a smile on my face and I love them all so dearly! ❤
4. What’s a book you were (or are) looking forward to so much you’re scared to read it, for fear it won’t live up to your expectations?
Right now, I’m incredibly nervous to read The Fatal Tree, the last book on the Bright Empires series. I just cannot prepare myself for what’s going to happen, so I’m just going to have to take the plunge… *gulp*
5. If you had to have all of your past memories wiped except for one day, which day would you choose to remember?
Oh dear, that’s a toughie! Let’s see…I might choose a day out of one of my family vacations, the trip we took to South Dakota in particular. That was a really, really fun trip, and we were all together, having a great time with each other. I would never want to forget how close me and my family are. 🙂
6. What question would you like to ask one of your favorite authors?
These questions keep getting tougher and tougher! 😛 I’ve always wanted to ask Marissa Meyer a question, but I feel like I would just kinda go into fangirl mode and not be able to talk. XD Hmm…I think I’d ask Anne Elisabeth Stengl what helped her in keeping track while writing a series. That’s something I struggle with, and I think Anne does a good job of it.
7. If you had to describe yourself as one of the four seasons, which would it be?
Definitely fall. Or autumn, if you’re British. 😉 There’s just so much to love about it! Apple pie, pumpkin spice, hayrides, colorful leaves, cool, crisp air, the beginning of a new school year… It’s a wonderful time of year! ^_^
8. What’s your personality type? (Myers Briggs, DISC, whichever test you prefer.)
I’m a full on INFJ, according to the Myers Briggs test. Everything I’ve read about INFJs just fit me to a tee. Which is hard sometimes because I feel a bit lonely, being so rare and such… But I don’t mind. Too much, anyway. XD
9. An envelope containing $500 shows up on your doorstep. On what do you spend it?
Well, books, duh. XD
10. Would you rather be trapped in a lamp, a tower, or an enchanted sleep?
Ooh, I think I would pick a lamp! Wouldn’t I be a genie of some sort then? At least in my imprisonment, I would be able to help some poor souls instead of just wallowing miserably in my prison. 😛
11. Which Disney villain(ess) do you find the most scary?
When I was younger, I was absolutely terrified of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. The part where she turns into a dragon? We always skipped that part. XD Now that I’m older, I would probably say either Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Scar from The Lion King.
The Blue Sky Tag ~
1. What is your first reaction when someone knocks on your door?
I usually jerk my head up and stare confusedly at my siblings because…we never have unexpected visitors. XD
2. Whose name makes you smile as soon as you hear it? Care to share why?
Well, any of my family’s names make me happy. And the name of Jesus Christ, of course. 🙂 I love hearing my characters’ names too, when I’m out and about and I overhear someone say one of their names. I love that when it happens. ❤
3. What exotic animal is your favorite?
I’m not sure if this counts as an exotic animal since it’s not technically real, but I’ve always thought phoenixes were super cool. A new bird rising from the ashes of the old, fiery wings, all that neat stuff. Or, you know, a dragon.
4. If you had to go on a trip to the moon, what book series would you take with you? (It can only be one!)
Well…I can tell you right now, I would try my hardest to get out of going on a trip to the moon. XD The stars from afar are good for me. But, I suppose if I had to, I would pick The Lunar Chronicles…Though, that may not be the best idea, since scary moon people are a involved…
5. Fairy tales or super heroes?
This is sooo hard! I love them both equally! I couldn’t possibly choose!
6. What’s the best book you’ve read lately?
It’s actually the one I’m reading right now, Five Magic Spindles by various authors. I’ve loved all the stories so far and I’m so sad I’m on the last one! I’m going to be putting up a review of it pretty soon. 😉
7. Are you more like a Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf, Goblin, Ent, or Orc?
I’m definitely more like a Hobbit. They live in their cozy Hobbit holes and drink tea and read books. If I had a Hobbit hole, I would probably be labeled a Hobbit. XD
8. Since warm weather is coming, what is your favorite summer activity?
When I was younger I loved swimming a LOT. But after a…traumatic experience that involved a lake and some itchy bugs…well, it made me a little wary. 😛 I love basketball, rollerblading, and swinging most. ❤
9. Name your best childhood memory.
*tries to remember childhood* I’m…kinda drawing a blank here, which is really sad. XD But I do remember we used to have a tire swing in our backyard at our old house. I would love to just sit in there and swing or have Dad push us as high as it could possibly go. Those were fun times. ^_^
10. What were you like as a kid? (good, bad, artsy, funny, etc…?)
Well, I suppose I should be honest…I wasn’t a very good kid. I’m told I was really naughty, and I had a hard time focusing. But I think I was also really creative and curious, which inspired my interests of writing now. I read my favorite books over and over again and I would write down all the good dreams I had in a special notebook. (Really, what’s changed? XD )
11. If you could invent anything, what would it be?
Hmm…A special device that when you connected it to your head, it wrote down exactly what you were thinking? I could go for one of those! XD
Alright, that’s a wrap!
Here are my questions:
- What is your oldest memory? How far back do you remember?
- If you could have a super power/magic ability, what would you choose?
- If someone was going to play you in the movie of your life, who would you want cast?
- If you could learn any instrument instantly, which would you choose?
- If you were so famous you got mobbed every time you went outside, what would be your go-to disguise?
- If you had an animal sidekick, what animal would it be? Could it talk? Fly? Shapeshift?
- What book/series would you love to be made into a TV show/movie?
- What villain from a book or movie would you most love to see transformed into a good guy?
- What’s the theme song of your life?
- Iron Man or Captain America? Superman or Batman? Marvel or DC?
- What is the most shocking plot twist you’ve ever read in a book? (You don’t have to say what it is, just what book it’s from! 🙂 )
Okay, so I don’t really know who’s received these awards, so if you’ve already done either of them, don’t feel obligated, but my nominations are as follows:
Winter @ Winter’s Falling Fast
Deborah @ The Road of a Writer
Jenelle @ Jenelle Schmidt
Elise @ E.E. Rawls
Savannah @ Scattered Scribblings
Lisa @ Pickle’s Pen and Trinkets
Bernie @ Bernie’s Musings and Doings
Kate Marie @ Story and Dark Chocolate
C.B. @ The World of the Writer
Madi @ The Book Owl and
Faith @ The Writer’s Song
I can’t wait to see who answers these questions! ^_^
I love hearing from you! ^_^