Hey guys! So, in the hectic-ness of NaNo, I managed to head down to the theater with a friend and watch Doctor Strange.
AND IT WAS SO GOOD.
Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” follows the story of the talented neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a tragic car accident, must put ego aside and learn the secrets of a hidden world of mysticism and alternate dimensions. Based in New York City’s Greenwich Village, Doctor Strange must act as an intermediary between the real world and what lies beyond, utilising a vast array of metaphysical abilities and artifacts to protect the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- The ACTION. It was never dull and all the fight scenes were really well done.
- The HUMOR. For real though, it was hilarious, and really kept the mood light.
- The special effects were AMAZING. It was really interesting to watch and I LOVED how the ‘magic’ was portrayed.
- Also, there’s this adorable little cape that is just…adorable. ❤ He’s hilarious and alive and it’s great. 🙂
- The plot was really thought out and I know some people will see the whole ‘time is relative’ thing as old hat, but I really liked it in this movie.
- DOCTOR STRANGE. The entire reason of this movie. At first, he’s kinda of a mean guy, but as the story progresses, he’s actually really cool and funny. I LOVED how Benedict Cumberbatch portrayed him. And I also thought his American accent sounded very strange (ha, see what I did there?) He did it really well, it just felt weird, you know?
- Wong is hilarious. That is all. 🙂
- I was a bit wary at first, since it really seemed to be pushing the sorcery and occult and such. And there is a good deal of that in the movie, but I felt it didn’t detract from the story.
- A few parts were super, super intense. Like, really scary. But they helped push the story along, so I didn’t mind it too much.
- As with all Marvel movies, there was a bit of swearing, but much less so than I’ve seen in other movies (at least I think so).
If you haven’t already seen it, (and even if you have!) I highly recommend watching this movie. Plus, I have a feeling Doctor Strange is going to be a big part of the MCU (*cough cough* THE TWO CLIPS AT THE END *cough cough*), so that’s exciting. 😀
There you are, my little review. 🙂 I hope you got something out of it, and if you’ve already watched the movie, WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT. LIKE, A LOT. ❤